Whether you have vinyl or aluminum gutters, it’s important to inspect them for problems on a regular basis. Constant exposure to the elements can do a number on any gutter system, given enough time. Additionally, waste and debris can easily clog unprotected gutter systems, eventually causing damage.
In this post, Gutter Helmet® of Eastern NY shares the questions to ask when checking the condition of your gutters.
Key Questions to Ask
1. Are there any obvious signs of damage, such as cracks and dents?
2. Are parts of the gutter pulling away from the home?
3. When there is heavy rainfall, does water overflow from the gutters?
4. Does water leak from parts of the gutters?
5. Are there nails sticking or popping out of the gutters?
6. Does light come through between the fascia and gutter?
7. Is the fascia water-stained?
8. Are there sagging or detached sections of the gutter?
9. Are the gutters clogged due to the lack of gutter cap or protection?
Subtle Signs of Gutter Problems
The questions listed above are things you can easily observe yourself. However, less noticeable issues can also spell trouble for your gutters. These include:
1. Water pooling or flooding in the basement
2. Soil erosion around the house
3. Rotting siding, windowsills, door frames and decking materials
4. Cracks in the foundation, driveway or sidewalk
5. Bubbling and flaking paint on siding
If you notice any of these issues, you should immediately consider having your gutters and home professionally inspected. As the leading provider of seamless gutters and gutter filter systems in the area, Gutter Helmet of Eastern NY has the capacity to inspect your gutters and provide you with the right solutions. Give us a call today at (866) 252-9400 or submit our contact form to schedule an inspection and consultation.